THE BOOK OF MORMON AND YOUR CELL PHONE
Wonder what would happen if we treated our Book of Mormon like our cellphones?What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?What if we turned back to get it if we forgot it?What if we flipped through it several times a day?What if we spent an hour or more using it each day?What if we used it to receive messages from its text?What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?What if we gave it to kids as gifts?What if we used it as we traveled?What if we used it in case of an emergency?This is something to make you go ...Hummm...where is my Book of Mormon?Oh, and a few other things: Unlike our cell phones:One plan fits all.Unlimited usage.No roaming charges.You always have reception.You don't have to buy batteries.No weak signalsAND you never have to worry about being disconnectedOur SAVIOR already paid the bill.
Thank you very much for making our RM - Reunion a big success
This was the best Returned Missionary Reunion I have attended since 1995. It was a very highly spiritual experience. To hear the strong testimonies from returned missionaries as far back as 1984 was very touching. It confirmed and achieved my hope that India will build strong gospel roots based on its own returned missionaries. I was touched by the testimonies of younger missionaries that were very young when I left in 1995. I had remembered their faces and was confirmed by their names. I used to visit their homes while they were being taught the gospel This reunion made my trip to India a very treasured experience. please have such a reunion or an improved one every year perhaps changing the venue between Hyderabad and Bangalore Districts. It will become easies if you identify all of the returned missionaries, set the date for next year, perhaps on a Saturday a couple of weeks before General Conference, and select a planning committee. This will avoid conflict with other reunions which are generally held on Friday before General Conference. Some of us who come to India infrequently may be able to plan our trips around that date. It will also give you one year to inform everybody, through email, mail, telephone etc. I thank you who came, all who made this a successful event, and especially those who bore their testimonies. Returned missionaries form a certain type of brotherhood to help each other with their personal challenges and help them stay actively involved in as much as is possible. I would liked to have seen many of you in your homes but this was not possible this time around. If I can be of some help to you in the future, please let me know early. My family including Sister Gill were delighted to know that the reunion was a success. Thanks.Bathula
No comments:
Post a Comment